Industry: Transport and Logistics
Location: Esbjerg, Denmark
In production since: 2017
Project delivered by
There is simply no better platform for communication, collaboration and learning. Also the last thing we needed was to deploy and maintain yet another service to train the workforce on our new digital workspaceAndreas Mouritsen
IT project lead
Blue Water Shipping is a global provider of tailor-made transport and logistics solutions specifically designed to meet the requirements of its clients. The heart of Blue Water is +1,400 specialized employees from over 60 offices around the world.
- It was decided to migrate to Office 365
- IT department was tasked with a global deployment of 1600 employees
- Needed new platform a Learning Management System (LMS) and efficient eLearning materials
- L&D needed a flexible and easy-to-use solution to manage Health, Safety, & Environmental training and related compliance activities.
- A Cloud/SaaS LMS solution on Azure, based on Microsoft development tools, fully integrated with the Modern Digital Workspace.
- Flexible and open solution, to be further enhanced and integrated with back-end HR systems and processes.
- Low cost of ownership, easy deployment with a corporate reach using Azure AD and Microsoft platform already in place for communication and collaboration
- It was easy to install and was immediately able to be introduced to employees around the globe via Azure AD.
- BWS employees were able to complete the majority of their training online, reducing the cost and time spent on travel associated to traditional classroom-based training activities.
- The purchased Office 365 learning materials were easily combined with BWS’ own adoption materials.