Industry: Non-profit Organization
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
In use since: Jan 2016
Project delivered by
Strategic Partner Immersion Technology Services
With the help of LMS365, Goodwill SP established Goodwill University and has been able to create a vision for learning for the organization.William Maurer
Business Systems Developer
Goodwill Industries of Southern Piedmont
Goodwill Industries of Southern Piedmont opened its doors in 1965 as an independent Goodwill affiliate agency with fewer than 20 employees. Today the organization is a 21st century leader in regional workforce development and employer of more than 1,100 people.
Thanks to donations throughout the years, Goodwill SP has been able to provide critical employment services to over 150,000 individuals and business partners in the greater Charlotte region, while creating stable jobs for clients with multiple barriers to employment.
- All training was done manually
- Lack of standardization and uniformity
- Undefined training processes for stores
- Siloed information
- A need for role-based tracking
- Lack of vision for the future: determining what training existed, what was needed, and for what purpose.
- The company did not have the resources needed to implement learning platform, nor the content available that it needed to operate smoothly and effectively.
Needs & Solution
- Address tracking and training needs
- Provide attendance rosters that would give visibility into individual progress
- Offer automated waiting list capabilities and course availability notifications
- Drive career development
- Determine learning paths for groups and individuals
- The SharePoint LMS offered a defined path for organizational training
- Integration with the Microsoft stack of products
- Address the different training needs
- With the help of LMS365 On-Premises Goodwill SP was able to determine a vision for learning and establish Goodwill University.
- Easy migration of existing training material
- New learning content
- Automate training processes
- Drive employee engagement
- Determine a strategy for the future
The biggest change we saw was cultural” said William. “Not everyone had an email – our cashiers had never been a part of that system. This changed with LMS365 because of the unique login it required. Though this was a challenge it was also an advantage as it forced change while simultaneously driving alignment.” Employees have become more engaged in the learning process, which is the biggest positive shift the organization has seen.