Industry: Health Insurance
Location: Olympia, WA, USA
In use since: February 2015
Project delivered by
We got all the information we needed and we don’t have to use the enrollment report anymore. It was wonderful that we could do it through the learning management system because it allowed us to gather the information in such a way that we could get statistics we needed.Christine Brown
Navigator Training & Certification Manager
Washington Health Benefit Exchange (WAHBE)
The Washington Health Benefit Exchange was created in state statute in 2011 as a public-private partnership. The Exchange is responsible for the operation of Washington Healthplanfinder, an easily accessible, online marketplace for individuals, families, and small businesses to find, compare, and enroll in Qualified Health Plans and Washington Apple Health (Medicaid).
When the Washington Health Benefit Exchange (WAHBE) first approached ELEARNINGFORCE Americas the organization already had a Learning Management System (LMS) in place. Although the LMS was built in SharePoint, WAHBE needed something more robust that would allow the organization to house all of their training materials and help users stay current. The LMS presented several challenges:
- It lacked a user-friendly environment.
- Inability to generate reports and track progress.
- Challenging for Navigators to use.
- Lacked the overall automation and customization the company needed.
- Content creation was a hassle - Microsoft OneNote had to be used to generate questions and modules. WAHBE sought out an improved system to deliver training that would support its many external users.
WAHBE implemented LMS365 On-Premises in October 2014. “Navigator Training” was rolled out to 1100 external users (Navigators) that consisted of 11 lead organizations, and 21 Certified Application Counselor organizations and has since shown remarkable results:
- With the LMS365 reporting tool WAHBE is able to put a name into the system and it automatically generates a certification number for that individual.
- Allowed the company to maintain annual training.
- Created 15 training modules.
- Received assistance from the ELEARNINGFORCE Americas team to train staff and develop materials.
- WAHBE now has the ability to have the system generate emails automatically and send out certificates to end-users.
- Keep track of certifications.
- Customized enrollment reports and test score reports.
- Users are able to train as they go.
- Administration was made much easier.